- Momo mobile-based social networking platform, mobile games, paid emoticons and mobile marketing services, filling for IPO.
- Alibaba’s 11.11 / Singles Day broke an other record.
- China is Danone‘s fourth-largest market, accounting for around 7% of its group sales.
- “Big Brother” to launch on Youku-Tudou for 10 weeks early 2015, with Endemol China.
- Xiaomi to invest $1 billion into online video content for its smart TV range.
- Alibaba / Youku-Tudou aim to realize the ‘Screen is Channel’ and the ‘Content is Storefront’ vision via big data adoption, and announced two programs for retailers to market themselves on the video platform :
“View and Buy” on Youku, allows viewers to buy the items shown in a video without pausing the playing video
“Merchants” Video Channel on Tudou, encourages businesses to produce original video content for branding
- Chinese mobile phone maker Meitu (Beautiful Image) is selling a £220 to £299 Android smartphone for vain selfies. Armed with a twin flash and a 13 megapixel camera, the phone automatically processes pictures to remove freckles, soften lighting, improve skin colour and add shine to the eyes.
- ACBird Smart Cooker put the ingredients in the pot and it will cook it for you, adjusting the temperature as it goes. Even better, you can do it from work, controlling the cooker using your smartphone.